Most Popular Dog House Styles
Ten Tips for Buying a Dog House ... Sit. Stay. Roll Over.
1. We understand if you're holding out for a human-style cedar porch and matching roof for your dog house, but your dog will appreciate his own private shelter, no matter what it looks like.
2. Dogs don't necessarily like their homes to be like those of people, in a lot of ways. Whereas we like as much room as we can afford and reasonably keep organized, a dog wants a little space to turn around and lie down, not much more.
3. Thankfully, modernity and technology brings us great selection to complement your home's design. Browse our stone, wooden, brick and synthetic exterior dog houses to see just how well we can match what you need.
4. Your dog is part of the family. If he's an outside dog, make sure he stays dry with an elevated floor and warm with some kind of insulation. These are now basic features on nearly all dog houses. An insulated dog house is a must-have if you live somewhere with extreme temperatures. If you want to go all out in the winter, go for the heated dog house.
5. Many dog houses have removable roofs that make cleaning much easier. While this is more common in medium and small dog houses, even some of the large dog houses feature them, too.
6. Igloo dog houses are great for dogs of all sizes and behavior. The synthetic exterior and interior is often lined with durable, insulating foam and the design features an off-centered door. This greatly improves comfort for your dog and makes maintenance easier for you.
7. The off-centered door is more than just the latest style in dog architecture. Blowing winds will be dissipated and felt less by your animal. These can be found in insulated dog houses and igloo dog houses.
8. If you're willing to go all out for Rover, check out some of our elevated, wooden dog houses with a doggie deck and ventilation. These larger models have classic, cabin or barn-like construction and can be assembled with just a screwdriver.
9. For eco-friendly dog owners, we've got some offerings made from recycled polymers and wood fibers that feature all the styles and conveniences of more traditional materials. And unlike a lot of ecological options, these are economical to boot.
10. Because all dogs deserve a little space they can call their own, we offer indoor dog houses for small and large dogs. This gives otherwise outside dogs a little solitude when it is too cold and helps demarcate dog-space and people-space in the house.